Be it at home or at work, do you wonder how your relationships could be better? Do you feel safe and supported, and do you provide a safe space for others? Do your relationships contribute to you and the other person both living more fulfilled lives – either personally or professionally?
Thriving relationships are those in which:
- We feel free to be who we truly are.
- We speak our truth.
- We honour our values and the other person’s values.
- We each ask for what we need.
- We co-create an environment that brings out the best in us. The relationship enhances both individuals.
- We do not bend ourselves over backwards to make things work.
- We do not bottle up things that are bothering us. We address concerns and challenges in a productive way.
- We learn from each other.
- A clear understanding of ourselves, who we are, what is important to us
- An understanding of the other in the relationship and what is important to them
- An understanding of the unique relationship and what you both mutually desire from it
- Communication skills
How does one develop what it takes?:
We all likely already have parts of what it takes. Other areas can be learned. The Daring Way TM curriculum and group experience goes a long ways towards examining and going deeper with understanding ourselves, ourselves in relationship to others, trust, vulnerability, worthiness, and more. I and my colleague, Leona deVinne, have a Thriving Relationships workshop series coming up, starting Monday, September 14th, 2015, 7:00-9:00 pm. For more information, call me at 403.209.5936 or click here for more information.